Jaime Kopchinski <jaime...@gmail.com> writes:

> Don't worry about the servo or amp if you really hear the servo
> moving...  this is a great thing!

I removed the servo and started diagnostics.  First indication of
trouble, the center body is cracked.  It's my understanding that this is
not uncommon, and it looks like it could be epoxied or JB-Welded.

Secondly, one of the large gears in the gearset has lost a tooth.  The
faint whirring noise I heard in the servo box actually was the motor
trying to park, but because of the missing tooth the servo arm was not
actually moving.

Everything else looks clean; there does not appear to have been any
leakage of coolant to anywhere it shouldn't be.

While I had both ends of the heater core disconnected, I flushed it out.
Looked like sewer water coming out at first, so I'm guessing it's not
seen any significant flow for some time.  I flushed with hot water until
it ran clear then filled with G05.

Allan
--
1983 300D