Back in the 70s (that was 40 years ago, the same physical laws applied then, and economic laws and human behavior factors as well) there was a lot of work done on The Hydrogen Economy because we were all going to freeze and starve in the cold dark, and hydrogen (made from nuke electricity, too cheap to meter) was somehow going to make that all better. The numbers just did not work out (those pesky numbers!) even with various gummint machinations (imagine that!). Liquid petrol is pretty easy, stable stuff to deal with (based on like 100 years of anecdotal reality), not so cryogenic, high-pressure, leaky, low energy/volume hydrogen.

It is still a fun idea though, just basically not particularly workable.

Sorry.

--R