The other thing that I recall about that Beetle is that it made a great parade float.

We went to a highschool in Kenora called Beaver Brae.

There were then 2 highschools in Kenora and as a result quite a rivalry between them. Every fall there would be a football game between the schools and a pep rally parade through town.

Janie and some friends painted the Beetle brown with flat water based paint and put a toothy grin on the hood and a big flat tail made out of cardboard also painted etc on the back bumper. It was a Beaver. Looked really cute. They did a good job of it and it all washed off afterwards.

Randy