The chosen 211 is not on cars.com site today; tried to call GM, Mr. Talbot; no longer there; left msg for replacement, Mr. Ibrihimi.
'Didn't make offer yesterday, 'cause I didn't know 'bout trunk space.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <m...@voyager.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] MB 211

WILTON wrote:
You're right, Allen; engine is original, 'cept much work on top side at 90 kmi.

I think current wisdom has it that the head gasket failing and letting cylinder #1 fill with water or oil is the real cause of rodbending. Maybe you got a redesigned gasket as part of the 'replace defective 1991 timing chain' package?