There are several companies advertising stuff and using before/after photos
of the upper cylinder head area – photos showing the valve stems being all
cruddy looking in the before (or without) photo and nice clean valve stems in
the after/with photo.

    OK -- the point?   When I removed the intake manifold yesterday I saw my
valve stems and sure enough they were very dirty with all kinds of black crud
(technical term).

    Has anyone found a product that actually works to keep the engine areas
cleaner?  I’m not sure it would even make the engine better in any way to be
rid of this crud  - and yes the intake manifold is full of the same black
stuff.

    I guess I just like things to be clean ...

    Suggestions?  (other than leave it alone or forget about it?)

LarryT
91 300D