One more for the count please.
The moose was here since Friday. Big bull just left.
Drove the Benz today after it was neglected for a few weeks. Glow light
does not come on (bulb?)
Started OK in the low 50's on the firrst 5 sec pregloww try.
But it snarls at me. Sounds like an exhaust leak. I took the air cleaner
off and couldn't see anything wrong down there.
Makes that noise only when under power but no noticable power lack.
Wouldn't an exhaust leak behind the turbo result in a more or less uniform
noise?
What I hear is a "Tchity, tchity bang bang " (without the bang but clatta).
Exhaust manifold?  History of cracking?  Gasket? (OM 517.95 manifold on a
517.93 motor)

--
Hans Neureiter, Katy, TX
'82 300SD