I was trying to be nice and not refer to them as some might that sort of folk.

--R

On 12/22/11 5:53 PM, WILTON wrote:
Well, I doubt they were "hill folk;" living on the S. Carolina coastal plain as they were, but "country," anyway. After all, who would one expect to live in the "country?" ;<)))

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Bennell" <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Somewhat showroom 87 300D == atom bomb!

On 22/12/2011 3:35 PM, Rich Thomas wrote:
google "atomic bomb mars bluff sc" This must have been a different incident, in SC where just a bomb was let go, if I recall it had something to do with a stuck locking pin or something like that on the bomb release (I think it was a B-47) and a crewman crawled back into the bomb bay and was fooling with it and it released. ohshit. Buried itself pretty deep and tore a good hole in the ground.

and you will a lot of hits on it. Add scetv to the search and you will get the info about the documentary I have seen.

Here is the ETV story
--Rhttp://www.scetv.org/index.php/press/release/incident_at_mars_bluff_-_how_a_nuclear_bomb_was_dropped_on_sc/ http://www.scetv.org/index.php/carolina_stories/show/incident_at_mars_bluff/

They have a sequence on there where the family was on that old TV show, What's My Line or something like that, the family that had it land in their yard was a bunch of country/hill folk, the gummint came and tore down the house and hauled it off, never paid them for it, they lost everything. The family got a carton of cigs from the TV show for their appearance. After some period of years the gummint finally coughed up some $$ but it was too little too late.

DVD http://etvstore.org/products/detail.asp?pid=9154953335&fc=D and trailer https://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=203285790294&topic=11567

Here you can download a newsreel http://www.archive.org/details/1958-03-13_Dead_A-Bomb_Hits_US_Town

--R

So, did the crewman ride it down?