Has anyone had experience with, or know anything about, Permatex "Right Stuff" Gasket maker? Its supposedly used on some new cars in place of gaskets. The version I tried came in a pressurized can and was somewhat difficult to work with compared to regular Permatex in a tube. I used it with a gasket. Might be easier to
apply without a gasket.
Gerry

I believe that Marshall said that RTV was prohibited from use on any
MB diesel with piston-cooling oil jets, but I can find no such
prohibition in any of the MB literature I have.
I think he was talking about cases where you see a huge bead of RTV
squeezed out between two surfaces.  Using a tiny bit to hold a seal in
place I think would be a different matter.  I tend to use Permatex
gasket adhesive for that sort of thing.
Allan