At 05:50 PM 1/4/2012, G. M. Brown wrote:

Due to a recent harrowing trip thru snowy WV, I'm considering purchasing a full set of winter tires and recycler rims for my '84 300D. Any recommendations? I've found that the Bridgestone Blizzaks are no longer made in 195/70-14 size.
TIA.

If your need is to be prepared for a winter emergency (rather than just regular winter driving) I suggest tire cable chains. They are about $25 a set and easy to install and remove.

     I carry two sets in my 4wd farm pick up.  I have used them many times.

     Dave Gilmore, Cameron WV

Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last.