> Jim Cathey wrote:

> Anybody have a 123 diesel they can easily take electrical
> tests on?

I have two that have a battery installed.

>  What I'm interested in is the voltage drop between
> the battery and the GP fuse when the key is first turned on.

4 cylinder, no load supply of 12.6 V
 1.3 V dropping to 0.85 when the glow plug relay times out.

5 cylinder, no load supply of 12.5
 1.7 V dropping to 1.3 whet the glow plug relay times out.

> On the Chicken Wagon it's a 2V drop, which drops down to maybe
> 1.5V as the glow progresses.

That's not far from the 1.7 I'm measuring on the OM617.  I
don't remember which engine your Chicken Wagon has...

If any of mine ever require more than minor work, I'll convert
it to a button on the dash rather than the timer.  I had to do
that for the now-retired car that I upgraded from series to
parallel glow plugs.

--   Philip