Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:24 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] '90 300D 2.5t tranny

Update - I found that I had a new filter/gasket set (not Mann), so changed
it. The old one did not appear to be collapsed, but I didn't cut open the
flat can to check the innerds.
This did not change the behavior. It still shifts very nicely from first to
second, but no further. The kick-down switch feels like it is operating
normally, clicks nicely, etc. I don't see any worn or shorted wires. I
haven't checked everything with the multimeter yet, but don't see anything
external that looks likely.