Did  the Pinto have a manual transmission?
I can recall driving a 4 cylinder automatic Mustang that was about the slowest thing going.

Randy

On 11/01/2012 3:49 PM, Dan Penoff wrote:
I have (I had a 1971-1/2 Pinto hatchback with the 2000cc four banger) and the
Pinto would definitely have won.

When I had my first MB, a 1979 300TD, the wife refused to drive it because, "It's
not fast enough."  I killed that argument when I got it up to nearly 100 mph on I-43
south of Sheboygan, WI.  Fortunately it's very flat around there, and she didn't even
realize how fast we were going as there was very little traffic at the time.

I pointed out, "Is this fast enough for you?" after which she politely informed me that
it wasn't the lack of speed, it was the lack of "get up and go".

<sigh>

A good car, though.  Definitely one of my favorites.

Dan