Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Water in the trunk

I may have partly solved this, today.  I picked up my toolbox, which
sits in the right hand "junk well" (behind the wheel well), and found I
had my own private swimming pool in there.  The left well was dry.  I
peered under that part of the car and saw what looked suspiciously like
a drain fitting.  I probed it and found something in the way...probed
harder, and water started gushing out.  Is this a sunroof drain, or does
it just drain water that's already leaked into the trunk?