Sealant in the corners only, slot must be perfectly clean, seal should be lubricated with a thin film of silicone grease.

Press down on the cover going on so that it slides straight onto the guide pins, if you use the pins to rotate the cover in place (that is, push the bottom inwards and the top out) you will surely roll the seal.

Check the seal with a bright light and a mirror before bolting up, if it's not correctly in place, take the cover off and try again before the RTV on the cover sets.

The fix will work for a year or so, when it will start to leak again.

Peter