Over the last 6 weeks, the SDL has been hard to start when the engine is hot, this was mostly noticed during our 2100mi road-trip from Chi to MI to AR to Chi. The car always started fine when cold. This week, Wed morning was about the coldest it has been so far (temp of ~12F) and the Wife could not get the car to start. When I tried, it would barely manage 1-2 compression strokes, now tonight (with the block heater on at temp at 6F) it won't even attempt to turn over and the dome light doesn't even hint at dimming when the start position is engaged.

The weak hot start shows a flaky starter. Now it's acting like a battery issue, yet the battery is 6mo old and all lights show brightly. I'm confused. Tomorrow morning I'm going to hook up the Dodge for a jump and charge for 15min or so and see if that makes a difference with the block heater staying plugged in all night. And, if I feel up to managing the ~2F temps, I'll grab the volt meter and check voltage drop when the starter is engaged.

Any thoughts?  Do I plan to be calling Rusty for a starter?  TIA all,

--
 Luther   KB5QHU    Forest Park, IL
'87 300SDL (322,xxx mi)