Holy cow, there are two covers?  The engine compartment cover is like an acre
in size....

I don't recall ever having to remove them on my former 124s - an 88 300TE and a
91 300E.  I'm sure they were probably there on both, but fortunately I never
had to do anything of significance under either one, and I used a Topsider to
do my oil changes...

Dan

Sent from my iPhone