My car was far from uncontrollable.  But given the cars I used to driving,
my butt it quite attuned to what's moving around at the back end of cars.
;-)  hee hee.  I tend to replace such important components before they
reach the end of their life.

If going down the road in a 123, and it feels similar to a trailer walking
the back of the car around; I believe that's how it was described?  I would
call that a bit more than noticeably vague. If a worn 123 will only feel
noticeable vague as you say, then, as the car was moving around as
described, perhaps further investigation beyond just tire pressures is
warranted.  Can never to too safe.

Ed
300E