So does the weight of the connecting rod on the crankshaft not matter?
Or does it balance itself out across all cylinders if they weigh the
same?
As I recall, the Mercedes documentation made reference to adjusting
the counterbalance weight when replacing the connecting rods, but I
could not find any detail on how to do that. The Techs at my local
dealer were, as usual, clueless.

Thanks

-Dave Walton
94 S350, 99 E300