On Jan 27, 2012 7:16 AM, "Larry T" <l02tur...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Can't help with the spring questions but you comment about
>

> "flaring," basically the engine spins before it goes
> through (I think) 1-2 and 2-3,
>
> IMO Flaring is when the clutches do not completely engage  quickly - you
are basically slipping the clutch as it shifts - to put it in Manual Tranny
mode -

> But that may be what you meant by "engine spins" ?

Mine goes to a high RPM with no load, then drops back to normal once it
makes it into gear.  I included that line because I realize that might be
something completely different than what I thought it was called. :)

I haven't driven a stick in at least 20 years, so I don't remember if the
engine revs in the scenario you describe?

Thanks,
Tim