Gullwing prices are going through the roof it seems.  Even a "standard" one
in decent shape is going to set you back $6-700,000 these days.  Still, I
think they were undervalued for many years, and not given the proper
respect they deserve in automotive history.

A fellow I knew in the club years ago, traded a mint restored 300 SL for a
Gullwing project car, that was pulled out of a pond.  It wasn't a numbers
matching car, but they did a lovely job restoring it.  And best of all, it
was a car he really enjoyed, drove regularly, and even took it on motoring
holidays.

If my numbers ever come in on the lottery, a Gullwing is still one of the
cars on my short, wish list.  :-)

As for the G Wagon, I'd prefer to see Mercedes drop a V12 into something
like the new CLS, before the G.  As for the few G Wagons I've been in, I
found the ergonomics kind of weird.  Not weird for a truck, but not really
a platform that is crying out for a twin turbo V12. hee hee.

Ed
300E