In '56, I pried and hammered out a bent left rear fender on my '51 Chevy; used tire tool as pry bar. 'Sanded off resulting "pimples" on outside; primed/painted for perfect with original metallic green. 'Sprayed paint with vac cleaner, BTW, the same one I now use to power my $2 oil sucker/topsider.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <m...@voyager.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Bad day for driving

Jim Cathey wrote:

At this point the door was fully operational, but still could use some
more cosmetic shaping of the metal, and the trim pieces repaired and
replaced.

This is the CW car, right?
Let the remaining damage be a reminder to the driver as they enter the car?

You deserve an attaboy (and a set of roll pin punches, too bad Harbor Freight no longer has them, and their pin punches tend to be too soft).