I look at computers, much the way I look at sports cars.  When you outgrown
them, move up, don't both trying to make them something the factory didn't
intend them to be.

In 25+ years of using Apples, had the spring behind a power supply button
go once.  Never a single problem with HDs, ram, monitors, crashing, locking
up, or losing files.  Not a one.  They were all used a lot too, and while I
no longer use them, I still have more than a half dozen of them in the
basement, all working just fine.

My current comp is a HP running Vista.  I've had several problems with it,
both with hardware, and software.  Only other PC I've used, was an old, um,
can't even remember now, but a brand name running Win97.  That comp had a
lot of miles on it, but never gave me any problems.

In the next year or so, I'll probably get a new comp.  I'm leaning towards
a 27 inch iMac, but I'm sure something better will be available in a year
or so.

Ed
300E