Windows has gotten better over the years, but I've always preferred DOS,
UNIX, and Mac.  I don't ever remember having Lotus 1-2-3 or WordPerfect
lock up my computer and need a reboot when using DOS.  I rarely if ever had
to reboot a UNIX server or workstation but Windows seemed to work best with
regular reboots in its earlier days.  Mac System 7, 8, an 9 surely had
their faults but for what I was doing it was far better than Windows 3.0,
Windows 3.1, and similar offerings at the time.