Hey all,

I've got about 1.2TB in Lossless music files from my ripped CD collection,
etc.  I ripped in Lossless so I would never need to do it again.  Then I
converted everything to AAC128 for iTunes.  That way it fits on my laptop
hard drive, and makes it relatively easy to sync with my iPod.  The
headache is adding music to the collection.  First I have to rip in
Lossless, and convert to AAC128 and manage what should be two identical
sets of files.  Ideally iTunes would make the AAC128 files in the
background and let users have a few different format of the same song, but
it doesn't.  Short of that, I would like to see them keep cached copies of
lower quality files to make syncing faster.

I also would like to get a wireless Time Machine drive.  Right now this
storage is local, connected via FW or eSATA and sits on my desk.  I think
NAS would be a good idea.  I can connect the NAS to my existing wireless
router via GigE.  I'm also figuring that I can connect my computer via GigE
when I want to do backups of the NAS.

I am wondering if anyone has used any SAN products with Mac and can share
their experience.

I started reading this:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3128395?start=0&tstart=0

I wouldn't mind a Time Capsule, but the cost is $499 for the 3TB model.  I
already drives for the NAS.  Ideally the NAS will natively read HFS+ so I
can either use the drives in the NAS or locally on my computer.

Brian