Thanks for letting us know the diagnosis and outcome. I can understand why the owner may be relieved. The owner of the shop.... probably not happy.

Listers,

Thanks for all the helpful comments,  Finally some additional detail.
Well we determined that if we remove the fuel pump fuse and allow only
the remaining fuel to the engine the car WILL start when it's cold.
But obviously only for a few seconds.  Also determined from another
local owner with similar problem he had a similar problem, that this
their is a fuel control module that is the issue.  My understanding is
it's >$2000 in parts.

In my particular case this car wasn't so lucky.  Instead of removing
the fuse, the fellow working on it simply removed the fuel line and
allowed the fuel to go on the ground.  Today, the car caught fire and
is a total loss.  The owner was surprisingly pleased, because after
learning about the repair cost, an insurance settlement made more
sense.  I don't understand the logic of some...

Anyway thanks to all for your input and advise.

My best to all..

Troy