Notice the vapor shock wave building just forward of the tail surfaces?
That shock wave in ground effect is roughly 3 times the diameter of the
wing span, so at that low level pass it is just kissing the water surface.
The size of the shock wave increases with speed and air density as well as
the intensity of the wave. As speed approaches Mach [speed of sound at sea
level] the center of the leading edge of the shock wave will shift forward.
At Mach 1 it would be several feet ahead of the aircraft.

Very interesting to watch. Somewhere on Utube there is a video of a jet at
Mach 1, on the deck over water... it's been a long time since I've seen it,
but the shockwave is opening up a trough across the water surface that is
huge, with attendant rollers coming off that.

Amazing what you can do with a fighter jock ego and a $15 million jet and
free fuel, isn't it... ;))

Grant...