I believe on a W123 wagon, the wood is attached to a metal piece which then
plugs into the dash with 4 nubs.  The wood in question typically curves up at
the edges while the metal piece remains flat. I've pulled it off the metal
backing and let it sit under weight for a few weeks with a bit of success.
Perhaps steam would help even more?

If this is what you are talking about, re-gluing it to the metal should be
fine. It's still removable. My personal archives have a recommendation for 3M
weather striping adhesive following the directions to the letter (glue both
items to be bonded and wait).

My neighbor is a lifelong glass installer - he recommended a clear silicone
which I've had great success with. CR Laurence Silicone Sealant #33S. He's used
it with glass inserts on warped kitchen doors and it will straighten them back
to square. He also uses it to hang vanity wall mirrors - the stuff is super
strong but doesn't bleed through the mirror backing. I love watching him put
down a bead around a window perimeter - the finished job looks like a machine
did the work. He's tried lots of caulk in his 30+ years and this is the only
stuff he uses anymore. I'm a convert.

Dave