On 29/02/2012 7:13 AM, Allan Streib wrote:
Randy Bennell<rbenn...@bennell.ca>  writes:

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/2859638670.html

This one is sort of interesting. I always wonder when people say "it
should run" or "it needs very little to repair" etc, why they don't
just fix it before they advertise it if that is the case.
In this case, it's likely because they've lost interest or have no
interest in a restoration project.  Also a car restoration project
(which this one is) is almost certainly a money-loser on pure financial
terms.  If you want a restored classic, buy one that's already done and
you're money ahead.

In the general case, repair or (especially) catching up on deferred
maintenance will cost more than it will add to the value of the car.  So
many sellers would rather sell as-is than spend money they won't be able
to recoup.

Allan

I think you missed my point. I was not suggesting that they should restore before selling it. The ad says something like " the motor is not seized and it should take very little to get it running". If it truly will take "very little" then I suggest they should do that so they can advertise it as "running".

Randy