On Feb 29, 2012 8:33 AM, "Alex Chamberlain" <apchamberl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Greg Fiorentino <gf...@dslnorthwest.net
>wrote:
>
> > I am planning to check out the prices at some of these local suppliers
when
> > the weather warms a bit
> >

> Prices on dino-diesel just surpassed biodiesel in Portland for the first
> time that I can remember.  At stations that sell Sequential Biofuels fuel
> (good stuff--much of the feedstock comes from the Kettle Chips factory in
> Eugene so your exhaust smells like potato chips!), the price is around
> $3.99/gal where dino-diesel is $4.15-$4.19 or so.  I'll be filling up the
> 300D with bio exclusively once the weather gets a little bit warmer.

My father-in-law used to work with a midsized biod coop, they used to price
based on cost.  When road diesel passed biod a few years ago the demand was
too high, so they reset their prices to floor at cost, or road diesel plus
some percentage.

Unfortunately we don't have enough biod being produced fast enough to meet
demand at the true price, and it doesn't make sense for the true believers
not to be able to pay extra.  I believe that is even true here, where we
have a much larger coop; they seem to have a similar pricing scheme though
I'm not a member so I don't know for sure.

Best,
Tim