As for sound quality, I am going out on a limb and say you would probably have
better luck getting the sound you want with an old phonograph set with tubes.
This thing will be using all digital goofiness and will not capture with the
warmth you may remember.  Will also take a really good sound card to be able to
capture, so having an ADC in line might not hurt.

clay

ps, got more data than I wanted chatting with my neighbor who is setting up a
home recording studio and trying to figure out how to avoid mixing digitally