From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Curt Raymond
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 7:07 PM
To: Diesel List
Subject: [MBZ] BMW motorcycles

I know we've got some motorcycle heads on here...

I'm thinking this is the year for me to get a different ride, right now
we've got an '89 Kawasaki 454 LTD for the wife and an '82 Honda CB900f for
me. She didn't ride at all last year and I only rode a little. Part of it is
the Honda isn't really a highway bike and my commute is all highway. I'd
ride a standard or sport/touring bike more. The Honda's forward lean is too
uncomfortable for my wrists long term.

So I've started looking and found an '82 BMW R65 with only 70,000 miles. My
Honda has 45k, that kind of mileage doesn't scare me although it does some
folks. I remember reading somewhere (here maybe) that some of the older BMWs
were a handful because they were kind of primitive. I guess I need some
guidance. I'm thinking to spend not more than $2000 which is more than both
bikes I have now combined.
Remember I live in New England, our riding season is kind of compressed. I
usually get the bikes out in May and we're done by October. Sometimes theres
a run into November but not often so a big money bike ain't happening.

-Curt