Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
Oh really, why not?

Marshall Booth wrote:

Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:

Well his video doenst got into the valve body, its just removed, not taken apart. Doubt I would attempt to take one apart.

Then you're NOT rebuilding the transmission!

The valve body (and OTHER hard) parts wear too. Measuring and replacing these hard moving parts that show any wear is why a proper rebuild will last as long as the original. After 200-250kmi, valve body parts show a LOT more wear than most American or Japanese transmissions that last and average 75-150kmi.

Rebuilding a Mercedes transmission is a matter of MUCH more than replacing soft parts! If you just replace the soft parts, the transmission my fail again ANY MOMENT. That's the problem with most "MacFix" rebuilds.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi