> Mitch Haley wrote:

> Fmiser wrote:
>
> > The tachometer drive is different.  No amp in the socket -
> > but the socket is still there.  Mine is still out and I
> > haven't figured out what or where the drive is.
>
> I believe the old ones get their signal from one end of the
> crankshaft and the new ones from the other.

Hmm.  The engine still has a sensor by the front damper wired to
a socket on the port inner fender where an amp could plug in.
My socket simply has a cover on it.  The tach was working, then
quit.  I don't think anyone stole my tach amp. *smiles*  I'll
look for something by the bellhousing...  My previous web search
for info came back quite sparse.  Maybe my Google-fo was just
low that day.

--   Philip