One thing I've found thats handy for cleaning out glow plug holes on some diesels ( hadn't tried it on a benz yet, it would be a bit trickier than on my diesel ford truck:-) is a .22 cal wire gun brush on a pistol cleaning rod ( the rod would be a no go on the back couple of holes on the benz , but I bet somebody could figure something out ) spray the brush down with aero kroil ( or other penetrating oil ) to lube it and help cut the crud and run it in and out a few times.
It does a prety nice job of cleaning the carbon buildup off.

It cost about $7 all together

----Robert

Marshall Booth wrote:
Mitch Haley wrote:
redghost wrote:
I suspect that any old reamer for a 617 should work just fine in your
115.  Gump on the other hand has a 615 engine and who knows what tool I
could use should I ever need to ream her
I suspect Randy would need a reamer with guide threads the size of the
threads on a loop plug. The reamers I've seen were sized for pencil plugs.

There are reamers for loop plugs and for pencil plugs. All you need is a reamer that is slightly larger than the plug (but not so big that it damages the prechamber or prechamber pin). Reaming when replacing loop plugs is considered MUCH more critical than when replacing pencil plugs unless the pencil plugs don't come out easily.

Marshall