FWIW I diagnosed my plugged up tank filter by reversing the fuel lines under the hood. The car almost quit 20 miles from home, but it ran fine going back with the lines reversed. I then rigged up a short extension on the pressure washer wand and washed out the tank from the top. It's been fine for about the past two years.
Gerry
'83 300D

Scott Ritchey wrote:
Before you drain the tank, you can inspect visually from fuel
gauge sender port in the back under the cargo floor.  Use a
good flashlight.

Don't do it if the tank is full.  I think it needs to be about 5
gallons below full to not run out the port when it's opened.

--  Philip

-----
No virus found in this message.