So after beating on the lower ball joint yesterday to try to get it out of the LCA, using heat, and a sawzall, and still no success, I tried more heat this morning, and a wrench as a shim to get the air hammer pickle fork to work. Still no workie. So then I decided to remove the ball joint from the knuckle, which was accomplished by the technique I saw the old Italian mech use on the 123 BJ a few years back -- a ball peen hammer, round part on the bottom of the BJ, then a BFH to pound on that. It popped right out. So then I was able to beat on the BJ screw end a bit, then the pickle fork on the ball end, and it finally popped out of the LCA.

R&Red all the rubber on the left side (fun stuff getting the old out and the new in) -- brake rod mounts, new frame bushings, new UCA, new LCA bushings , and put the works back together hoping to be able to put the spring in and compress it a bit. But the spring is now too long with the compressor extended, so that did not work. Off to auto parts shop early tomorrow to borrow another spring compressor, the kind with the arms that fit on the outside, to get enough compression to get the other one out. I guess I can just do it there. Funfun.

--R