A signed title and BoS isn't good enough anymore? Who are the numb you-know-whats that elected these fools?

Luther   KB5QHU    Forest Park, IL
'87 300SDL (322,xxx mi)
'91 Dodge Ram 150 (290,xxx mi)

On 4/6/2012 1:54 PM, Rick Knoble wrote:
Well, I'm home. My car, a 1992 Mercedes 300D is not... yet. It is a long story,
for another time. (I should start a blog). Suffice to say, we do NOT live in
the land of freedom anymore. Interstate commerce is extremely restricted, to
the point where it is difficult, if not impossible, to purchase a vehicle in
one state, and drive it home, legally, because of red tape and prohibitive
laws. You can pay a shipper big money or you can use a trailer and tow it. You
could use a dealer tag if you could get one (very expensive for a dealers
license here). If you wanted to take the chance of losing the car to an
impound, you could put a plate on it from another car. I was not going to take
that chance. In the state of Indiana the BMV will not issue a temp tag for
transport from another state to Indiana and in the state of Maryland the BMV
will not issue a temp tag for transport of a vehicle purchased there to another
state. Quite a catch 22. Back to square one, with a much lighter wallet.

Rick
Sent from my iPhone.