Maybe.  IF it leaks, there is bound to be rust.  I am find that the bay area
SL, even if it lived in Seattle for a number or years, has horrible rust issue.
 Maybe having the pads glued down discouraged owners from looking under them
and this allowed water to pool and feed tin worm.  I would expect the same lack
of attention to affect the mid atlantic and southern cars equally.

clay