To be more correct, there are a number of methods that your web filtering
software can use.  In my last email I described one way.  There are other
integration agents that can be used.  For example, you can use DC Agent to
tie directly to the domain controllers, among other methods.

What confuses me is why you are referring to the active IP address.  On the
workstation, there ought to be any number of ways to determine the user
logged into the machine.  It may even be an environment variable.  The
domain controllers also keep track of login/workstation information.  As
does Active Directory.