These are OEM wires.  I yanked the harness with aftermarket crap and tossed it.
 Guess I should have mapped where they all went, but I would have no idea with
the technicolor spaghetti that was hooked all over the place.  I only want to
hook and old pioneer 8 track head unit with simple wires.  IT has power in,
common neutral for speakers and left & right speaker power.  I have the
original stereo wires ready to hook noise to, but want to know which of the
brown/blue/RG goes to power and if antenna needs power.

clay

On Apr 19, 2012, at 5:02 PM, Jaime Kopchinski wrote:

> Generally, brown is ground, black is power.  If its all aftermarket junk,
> then red and yellow is power, black is ground.
>
> Jaime
>
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Rich Thomas <
> richthomas79td...@constructivity.net> wrote:
>
>> I think the blue is for an antenna if I recall from my radio
>> installations.  Brown on MB radios is hot power if I recall.  Not sure what
>> red/green is for unless it is to power some Canadian hoser.
>>
>> This is a 107 SL?  I have the maintenance CDs for that model if you do not
>> have them, somewhere in there must be a wiring diagram?
>>
>> --R
>>

>> On 4/19/12 6:42 PM, clay monroe wrote:
>>
>>> Since this is not pimp my ride, I am not constrained to get the job done
>>> in seven days.
>>>
>>> Today we crossed off changing the coolant.  This was not as simple as for
>>> Gump, as there are no obvious and simple to access hoses to and from the
>>> radiator.  Ended up filling through the burp tank.  Three fills of fresh
>>> water got me running clear and no more green.  Used 1.5:1 coolant to water
>>> on fill, and drove around to see if thermostat showed good and temp/tank
>>> behaved.  All was good.
>>>
>>> The center console/knob display area had been getting attention for the
>>> past two weeks while I got wheat bulbs, and knobs clean/swapped for good.
>>> The radio that came was a flashing digital Sony that really did not give
>>> me wood.  That and the honking giant speaker boxes in the back were first
>>> thing out.  But this left a passel of wires to decode.  Nailed down that
>>> original speaker wires were there and some other stuff, as well as removing
>>> the excess wiring for the Sony and the aftermarket cellular one auto phone.
>>> Those would spark up real nice when they touched stuff.  Dude had hooked
>>> right to the positive lead on the battery.  This left a wire bundle that I
>>> think is meant for radio.  Three wires in a bundle.  One is Brown, I am
>>> going that this is hot.  Another is Red/Green stripe, and third is light
>>> blue.  Any guess as to what I am meant to use these "extra" wires for?
>>> Might have been for ....???  No indication of cassette for Becker, or any
>>> other monkey stuff.  Did the antenna deploy when the radio powers up, and
>>> these are meant to provide motive power to the antenna?
>>>
>>> I removed the blower cover from under the hood.  Busted off on one corner
>>> and the seal was shot.  Cleaned it up, popped some shiny on the black.
>>> Epoxy the busted corner back and hardware shop provided all new screws,
>>> since three were missing.  Used a gasket in a tube, sort of RTV to seal.
>>>

>>> clay
>>>

>>> 1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
>>> 1972 220D - Gump - She is green, simple and ran