Gerry

From: "Dan Penoff" <lwb...@yahoo.com>

One of my former business partners was convinced the world economy is going to collapse shortly. As a part of that paranoia, he heavily researched the wood gas thing and went far enough as to build a complete wood gas generator on a small single axle trailer he could tow behind his pickup truck.

I never saw it working, as the last time he had run it the output temperatures were high enough to melt the solder out of the radiator he was using to cool the output gasses.

According to him it worked. But - he was a total nutjob, too.

He spent some serious coin getting a reprint if a book that some guy in one of the Nordic countries has written some years back that was out of print. This guy had a wood gas generator he towed behind his car to act as a fuel source. I looked through it at length, but found it hard to justify as a viable fuel source when something like biodiesel was far easier to produce a d didn't require all the hardware.

Dan