I need to buy a 20 gallon tub of brake cleaner.  Been through five cans getting
the crud off, but still have more to go.

Put the SL up on the ramps and got the topsider going on the ATF.  Old trans
has a hard time sucking out more than a quart or so.  Silly fill tube curve
leaves a bunch in the pan.  Got under and removed the pan and swapped in fresh
filter.   Fluid was not that pretty in the drain pan and there was a bit of
metal debris. Threw a magnet into the pan after cleaning it out.   Did not
drain the TC, but it can not hold all that much.  Got it buttoned back up and
poured four quarts of Mobil 1 in.

Did the row through gears and then took it for a drive.  Came back and it shows
over full.  WTF?  Maybe I did not drive far enough to get it really hot.   I
think I will look at it again in the morning and suck out the excess if it has
not gone away by then.  No leaks, the manual shows it takes seven liters, but
that is just weird it only took four.

Fresh Klippan belts arrived while I was under the car, so I pulled out the
seat, removed the broken receiver and put in the working one.  Took the busted
one apart to see how I had screwed up the spring and got it back functional.
Will use the fresh belt set up to get new belting and retractor rebuild.  Then
I can pull the old, put it on the shelf after it too is rebuilt.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1972 220D - Gump - She is green, simple and ran
1995 E300D - Cleo - Used by the Queen of Denial
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers