> From: str...@cs.indiana.edu
> To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
> Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 17:16:23 -0400
> Subject: [MBZ] OT: Focus wiring sheds insulation
>
> I believe I've consulted the wisdom of this group at least once before
> about an electrical problem with our 2003 Ford Focus wagon.

SWMBO sister has a Focus wagon, that I repair on occasion.
The tai light assemblies melt also. I guess the brake light bulb gets
hot enough that, over time, the housing around the bulb socket, and
the socket itself, deforms. Another problem is gauges that sometimes fail to
work.
Ignition switch problems are common (much like an old MB. It just won't turn
anymore.)

Rick