I was reading this article about that woman Danica Patrick who is going to be racing at Darlington or somewhere, and it was saying it was the hardest track. Then last night I watched some Top Gear episodes, one where they were running a new McLaren on the track. Got me wondering how difficult it would be to take that Google technology, add in all the car systems and sensors, then have it learn how to drive a track really really fast. I am thinking it would not be that hard to do, airplanes do that sort of thing pretty well these days -- 4D navigation and such.

It would be kinda fun to see a bunch of robot cars, unlimited power, etc. race on these tracks.

--R