2am is unreasonable. Since I know that some of these guys lack reason, I've
decided to adhere to speed limits.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 12, 2012, at 1:36 PM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I went through this with some of my classmates in high school, it doesn't
matter what YOU THINK a reasonable speed is, there is a posted speed which is
the law. Exceeding that posted speed by more than 50% (I can't remember when
Maine went to 65mph but around Portland its still 55) will (as it ought to)
result in a ticket.

Johnny Law doesn't know if you're a terrific driver or a lousy one and on the
side of the road he has no way to determine if your car is in excellent
condition or just about to fall apart so he's got to err on the side of caution
in all cases.

-Curt

Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 08:48:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dimitri Seretakis <dsereta...@yahoo.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 150mph

Maine state troopers are on the prowl for sure. I learned my lesson from my
dad. Back in the early 1990's he'd come visit me or pick me up from college in
Maine. He'd drive up from CT the six hours it took in his 560SEL doing around
80 mph or so- a perfectly reasonable speed for a nice wide interstate in the
middle of the night with no traffic in a capable highway cruiser. He collected
a few tickets and with that in mind I've been very careful since. I'm sure the
troopers had no sympathy for the poor old guy due to the car he was driving.

Sent from my iPhone