A friend of mine got the Rolls bug when cars started to be a big thing on
eBay - bought a '75 Rolls in CA, drove it home. The water pump was leaking,
he had to stop often to keep it cool. A new pump ws over $1,000, so he took
it to his Dad (a machinist, among other things), and they made new parts
for the pump. Then the brake system needed work, at big bucks - it's  two
circuit to each wheel high pressure hydraulic system controled by the brake
pedal. I thin he scrounged parts for it and finely broke down and bought
the special fliud, but has never finished fixing it. When I ask hom when
I'm going to get a ride in the Rolls, he replies "Oh, you mean the storage
shelf in my garage?"

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> A friend of mine got a pile of money when his mom died. He bought a
> Roller, spent like $40k on it, it was an early '80s model but I don't know
> more than that.
> He owned it for something like a year, spent another $40k or so on it and
> sold it for something like $15k in disgust.
>
> His problem of course is that he just wanted it to work and threw money at
> problems rather than investigating...
>
> -Curt
>
> Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 18:28:12 -0400
> From: Dan Penoff <lwb...@yahoo.com>
> To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1928 Rolls Royce lasts as long as a diesel Benz
>
> I always thought owning a Rolls would be cool, but I have often wondered
> about how expensive the parts are and what the reliability is like.
>
> As long as you're not looking for a Corniche convertible, they don't
> appear to be that expensive, relatively speaking.
>
> Dan

OK Don
2001 ML320
1992 300D 2.5T