I bought a new battery yesterday for the 76 300D.
I boughta group 48 (if my memory is correct) which is about the same physical size as the group 43 but more juice.

My question is on removal of the old one.
I pulled the two nuts and lifted out the hold down plate on the side of the battery towards the engine. Also pulled a sheet mtal screw on a retainer on the end nearest the windshield but the retainer does not appear anxious to come out.

Is there a trick to that or am I just not pulling on the retainer enough?

The battery appears to be loose but does not want to be lifted out so I am assuming the retainer on the end is the reason.

Randy