Boston is the most "ethnicist" (which includes "racist") place I have ever been, even compared to here in the deep South. Even the black Haitian neighbors in Dawchesta (that would Dorchester to you uninitiated) disliked the longer-term AAs up the street (and referred to them by the nword, which had me at a bit of a loss). The Irish and Italians hated each other, they all hated the incoming Asians... The hard-working Cape Verdean next door disliked the welfare thieves up the street. The Puerto Ricans a coupla doors down disliked the idiot Irish kids across the street. It was a real diversity celebration in my neighborhood, until my wife was surprised by a coupla enterprising YBGs who were stealing our TV and stereo (which she made one put down). The Hispanics seemed to like them all as they fenced their stolen goods (including my stolen TV). The Haitian cop who responded said it was better if I just dealt with them if I caught them, because if he arrested them they would be right out again the next day. Yep, better you just deal with them he says, nobody would care.

The idiot Irish kids were all gung-ho to go find the guys and "deal with them" by taking them fishing in the hahbah, so I guess they did have some redeeming qualities.

--R