I've already told both of my older kids they should have no expectation of
privacy when they are using my things: computers, cars, tools, books, etc.
Trust but verify.

It means I can reward them if they are doing a good job.  It also gives
them a reminder if they know I'll know they've been driving erratically, or
watching naughty videos (which is vulgar spongebob, at this point :), or
whatever, and they'll lose use of the thing.  Hopefully I temper the peer
pressure a bit too.

I did know a woman who would track her husband by cell phone; she had a
thing that would respond to a text message with GPS coordinates.  I thought
that was a little over the top, until I realized the husband was an
irresponsible wastrel and she'd have to make sure he was on his way to pick
up the kids, etc.  Not sure it reflects on their relationship, exactly,
though it is kind of in the toilet because of the maturity difference.

Best,
Tim
does not track his wife