My chair is oak; desk is mahogany, from some office in NYC, 'bought it in McAllen, TX, in 1960 for $100. Some outfit in Brownsville, TX, had bought a bunch of salvaged office furniture in NYC and shipped it to Br'nsville.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dieselhead" <126die...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Office chair

>My office chair is a wooden 1920's or 30's, or so, swivel unit with >center screw height adj. 'paid $8 for it in 1953, already well-used; >works fine. 'Even used my personal desk and chair in my Air Force office >(civil engineer) 'bout 1975-'78. Navy Seabee reservist chief used my >office one weekend per month and propped his foot up on corner of lower >left drawer wearing it down; 'wanted to kick his a$$ to the moon.

Wilton

My old oak desk at home is from the building where George Washington Carver toiled as a grad student and faculty member, and is from about the same period. I am trying to find the works (Tilt/swivel/screw) for a period oak chair to accompany it. The desk has pencil notes inside as to the building and room number. Had a bottle of blue ink spilled in one drawer, and the top was resurfaced, maybe in the 50s with the stuff they used to put on drawing boards. I stripped and refinished it about 1996 or so. Quirky desk. Fits right in with old Diesels. I think i carried it home in the Escort Diesel. (Diesel content)